Friday, November 7, 2008

Thank You America



Thank You America,

I’m not the same person that I was three days ago. This historically defining moment – the American electoral result has caused a major shift in my psyche.

I cried a number of times at the enormity of it all - happy tears of course, but I was truly overwhelmed. And seeing someone like Jesse Jackson openly weeping just made it all the more moving because I truly understood where those tears came from. I also understood that this election result, all in itself, has created a major transformational change in the hearts and minds of people worldwide - whether they realize it or not.

A Black Man is heading to the White House

A Black Man has inspired HOPE around the world

A Black Man has shifted the world’s perspective

A Black Man has created a new dream

How could the world ever be the same again?

A new day has dawned!

How often does it happen that one man can inspire so much hope in so many people?

The word nigger no longer holds the same energy or meaning. How could one dare to refer to the man they put in power as that nigger? How could one dare to use that term to describe themselves, knowing that they played a part in this momentous event?

This man has a huge task ahead of him, but he’s not alone. Our collective energy is conspiring on his behalf. We are moving as one towards a brighter tomorrow. Yes, he's got his work cut out for him, but the potential to have even the smallest positive impact is enormous.

Don't you just feel so privileged to be alive in this moment? We are blessed to bear witness to this momentous event. Right now I'm filled with hope for the future of America, and the rest of the world. I guess an argument could be made for the fact that we CHOSE to be here for this moment. And, if taken one step further, then I have to believe that there is a role in there for us - for all of us! This is an incredible moment, and there is still much to do, but somehow it all seems to have gotten that much easier.

There are many who will move consciously in this new shift, and those who will do so unwittingly. But, the end result will still be the same. We will all move forward.

Somehow we all want to do a little better,

Somehow we will learn to work together for the betterment of all,

Somehow we will find our purpose.

It seems incredibly naïve to hold that much optimism, but I do. I do because I know with absolute certainty that anything is possible.

I’m inspired! I need to contribute; I need to do my part. That part, from my perspective, is to keep expanding perspective, to keep presenting new possibilities.

A change has taken place and although we may not be able to communicate what that change is, we feel it. We are ready to step out, speak about it, and move in accordance with it.

Maybe that’s why this is so huge, such a truly exciting time. It makes me think that people will now be more receptive to further change, and it

certainly gives new meaning to the word “success” because it wasn’t just one man who succeeded – everyone did! From the idea, to the implementation, to the end result, many played a major role.

If you voted, you contributed, and you attained success. If you think about it, you dared to let go of long held beliefs in order to act. I’m sure in the beginning there was much doubt – A Black Man could never.

But you did it anyway and the result has inspired us all. You took a bite from the proverbial apple, and look what your courage has wrought!

Every success brings with it, more inspiration.

I’m a new person. I’ve undergone a transformational shift. I’ve found another aspect of my being. My voice is rising; I’m ready to speak.

And for that, I thank you.

SLP

Thank you SLP for your insightful perspective. (lloyd)

No comments: